BOARD CERTIFIED BEHAVIOR ANALYST SUPERVISOR
Click here to apply now.
ABOUT ANIXTER CENTER:
Anixter Center is one of the largest nonprofit organizations in the Chicago area serving people of all ages with disabilities and related challenges. Each year Anixter Center and its three divisions – CALOR, Chicago Hearing Society (CHS) and Lekotek – help more than 7,300 children, teens and adults by providing residential, educational, employment, socialization and health services.
Position Summary: Responsible for providing quality Behavioral Services to adults that present with maladaptive behaviors who live in Anixter Center’s Residential Department CILAs.
• Conduct preference and other assessments for current and new clients
• Write individual behavior support plans and update behavior support plans every 6 months (at annual and review date)
• Collect and graph data, assess, and report results
• Complete functional behavior assessments
• Implement changes to behavior plans as clients’ needs change based on data
• Attend behavior rights committee meetings
• Monitor progress towards behavior goals
• Complete monthly progress reports for client caseload
• Attend ISP meetings to provide support and recommendations as needed
• Conduct team trainings on client behavior plans and data collection
• Model and train on behavior interventions
• Implement interventions and procedures according to behavior support plan
• Participate in necessary trainings, meetings, and committees as needed or directed
• Observe each client in their work and home environment twice per month (each) and maintain observation notes on visits
• Maintain accurate and organized client notes, data, and reports
• Track 56U billing notes, by client, and keep a record on Anixter Center’s computer system and Mental Health Database for billing
• Review billing for BCBA team and ensure appropriate billing is submitted to Accounting Department for all clients by the 1st of the month
• Create forms, templates, and systems with Director for behavior program within Residential Department
• Complete annual reviews for the staff positions directly supervised
• Assist in development and implementation of social skills groups within Residential Department
• Review incident reports and provide feedback/make recommendations when necessary
• Ensure agency is in compliance with standards from external governmental agencies
• Works effectively and maintains positive relationships with other agency departments/programs
• Participates in the intake process and makes recommendations to Director
• Intervenes with clients when they are in crisis and need behavioral intervention
• Support the manager On-Call team with emergency behavioral issues on a 24-hour basis in cooperation with QIDP of programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Professional Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). Certification must be maintained throughout employment.
• Master’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis or related field.
• Experience in utilizing evidenced-based practices (Applied Behavior Analysis, Positive Behavior Support, etc.)
• Ability to obtain certification in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) and/or Professional Crisis Management (PCM) or another type of intervention technique.
• Valid Illinois driver’s license required.
• Ability to meet agency insurance requirements.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of two years’ experience working with persons with developmental disabilities and autism spectrum disorders.
Reporting to this Position: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (Staff) and/or Behavior Therapist (Level 2)
If you would like to support our mission to assist people with disabilities to live, learn, work and play in the community, please apply here!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Anixter Center offers competitive pay, a generous benefit package, and a dynamic and supportive work environment.
Anixter Center affirms the values and goals of diversity. We have a strong commitment to diversity and cultural competence and so we proudly are an Equal Opportunity Employer.