WELCOME ANIXTER CENTER EMPLOYEES TO OUR INTERNAL STAFF RESOURCES PAGE
Please use this page as your one stop shop for all things employment related. If you have content, comments, or suggestions for improvement, please email the VP of HR at HRTeam@anixter.org.
Anixter Center Values
These are the community agreements we uphold as descriptors of “how” we will accomplish our work together.
- Person Centered – We affirm the worth, capacity and contributions of all people and treat everyone with dignity and respect. We promote self-advocacy and advocate for full human rights and participation in the community. We offer education and support to make informed choices. We value working together using our diverse talents and experiences to support individuals in leading a self-directed and full life.
- Commitment to Employees – We value our employees and provide a supportive, culturally sensitive work environment with opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Open and Honest Communication – We foster an accessible environment in which respectful communication and the exchange of ideas can occur.
- Informed Action – We strive to exceed expectations by basing our practice on the best available research and operational experience. With a vision toward being the best, we actively seek ways to improve and innovate through ongoing customer and employee feedback and by promoting a continuous learning environment.
- Collaboration – We achieve our mission and inspire communities through teamwork with people living with or at risk of disabilities, families, donors, volunteers, community members, our employees, and other professional partners.
- Excellence – We maintain a disciplined, results-oriented organization and operate within the highest ethical standards in all of our working relationships and business practices.
Identity Theft Protection with InfoArmor and Wallet Armor Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States. Being a victim of identity fraud can not only be disturbing but can also require hundreds of hours to correct the damage. Anixter Center covers the cost for you to protect yourself and your family by enrolling in our monitoring plan, WalletArmor. WalletArmor provides Online Credential Monitoring which is real-time card monitoring on the internet’s uunderground economy and can detect fraudulent activity on your accounts, credit cards, and other personal information. Enroll and learn more at https://www.reliancestandard.com/walletarmor/.
Here are 13 ways to help prevent identity theft from happening to you: •
- Freeze your credit
- Order your free credit reports
- Read all your financial and medical statements
- Protect your social security number
- Safeguard your mailbox
- Go paperless when possible
- Properly store or shred your documents
- Protect your cell phone and mobile devices
- Don’t ignore software upgrades on your phone or computer software
- Tighten your social media privacy settings
- Use strong passwords
- Do not click on links that are emailed to you
- Do not use public Wi-Fi for anything with personal information
If you suspect yours or your family’s personal information has been compromised; you can also call toll free: 1-855-246-7347. InfoArmor will help you gain control of your personal information, protect, and recover your identities. Recovering from identity theft is easier with a plan.
If you are the victim of Identity Theft, the following steps are recommended to start the restoration process:
1. File a police report immediately at the closest police station available.
2. Contact the credit reporting agencies to report Identity Theft.
3. Contact InfoArmor for assistance on using their credit restoration services.
4. Visit the state website, IDES, www.2illinois.gov to report unemployment fraud if someone files an unemployment claim using your name.
5. Additional recovery assistance is available at IdentityTheft.gov.
COMING SOON – Click here to find the current versions of all Anixter Center policies, procedures, and forms.
To keep the Anixter Center community safe and healthy, we follow the guidance of the Illinois Department of Public Health, local health departments, public health partners throughout Illinois, and federal agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with regards to managing COVID-19. Visit the Staff Protocols Page for all the latest COVID-19 information.
Computer Giving You Grief and Impeding Your Online Training Completions? Not able to open up your trainings? Are your Pop Ups being blocked? Is your internet acting up? Our employee training obligations require us to be able to access and utilize our agency computers on a regular basis. If you notice that your computer is not working properly, please be sure to contact our fabulous IT Department with Tech Gurus Aso Alkhalifa and Rick Morales. You can email a HELP TICKET using this link to request the help that you need! https://helpdesk.anixter.org/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa Or just email ITHelp@anixter.org.
CPR/First Aid Training – Back in the Swing, Pandemic Style We are still offering the CPR/First Aid certification through the Red Cross Learning Center – it is a virtual course until we are safe to gather again for training. Employees currently requiring this certification are being asked to select a day/time to take the course independently on their computer. The course takes approximately 3 hours to complete. Please remember employees are paid for their time spent on required training, so employees are encouraged to consult their schedule and Manager to set up their CPR training date at a day, time and location that suits the program and employee. Thanks in advance for your cooperation with maintaining our required certifications! Always remember to check your employee email for all announcements, notifications AND your training assignments 😊
Our health insurance plan with BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois covers the cost of mental health visits at the same rate it covers other doctors’ visits. The holidays often tend to bring on lots of stress and even depression for some. If you are looking for ways to destress during the holidays, check out some Secrets to Stopping Holiday Stress Before It Starts
Employee Assistance Program Anixter Center covers the cost of an EAP. The Employee Assistance Program offers professional and confidential services. Whether looking for ways to cope during these times or support others, the EAP is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to you and members of your family at no cost. Call 1-855-775-4357 or visit https://rsli.acieap.com/.
Internal Job Openings
If interested in any of the job opportunities below, complete the Internal job Interest Form and email it to the HR Generalist at HRTeam@anixter.org
• Direct Support Professional CRS Legacy
• SUD Counselor
• Direct Support Professional ICILA
Anixter Center Annual Performance Evaluation Timeline
- July 1: Beginning of the Performance Evaluation Period
- January 15: Mid-year Performance Check-in Conversation
- June 15: End of the Annual Performance Evaluation Period
- June 15 – June 30: End of Year Annual Performance Conversations
- June 30: Final Annual Performance Evaluations Due
The information shared below is intended to serve as a resource to white people and parents to deepen their anti-racism work. Click here below to learn more.
Please direct any suggestions, content, or comments to the VP of HR at HRTeam@anixter.org.