Anixter Center Associate Council
Anixter Center’s Associate Council is responsible for representing Anixter Center in the community, raising the visibility of its work and importance to the community, as well as garnering support for the organization demonstrated by the recruitment of volunteers and creating activities that raise funds for and/or directly benefit the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as an ambassador to the community; lend names, personal credibility and reputation to the organization
- The members will act as liaisons to the business community fostering support by building its reputation, increasing the number of volunteers involved with Anixter Center and raising funds for its programs.
- As leaders the Associate Board will pass along the covenant and provide leadership.
- Members will serve without pay.
- The number of members in the group is unlimited; however the executive committee is limited by its roles and responsibilities.
- Membership roles will fall under four main categories: direct service, administrative support, fundraising, and leadership.
- Individual activities include: organizing events, participating in fundraisers, providing clerical support, developing new resources, providing logistical support, assisting in developing programs, assisting with promotional events, and providing leadership/guidance serving as teachers, tutors, counselors, mentors, companions, and coaches.
Benefits of Membership:
- Voting rights for the Executive Committee
- May be elected to the Executive Committee after 1 year of membership participation
- General committee participation
- Networking, Resume Building, Leadership Experience, Community Involvement
- Recognition on website, social site, literature, etc.
- Gain motivation, a sense of achievement and increase your knowledge and learn new skills!
- Members must be 21 years of age
- Council Members must:
- Attend 1 in-person meetings per year; Attend at least 50% of conference calls
- Attend one fundraiser and one volunteer project per year
- Fundraising/Donation amount of $100 annually
- Commitment to 1 year term (generally coinciding with fiscal year of July 1 to June 30 but can be flexible)
- Recruiting other members
For more information or to sign up to join the Council please contact: