ANIXTER CENTER WISH LIST
Browse our Amazon Wish List to donate items that support the development of our programs and participants.
Anixter Center has a wide variety of programs and, each with its own unique needs. If you have any questions about your donation or need help, please contact LaTisha Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 973-7900 Ext. 232.
Your donation of household items will create “Home Sweet Home” and beautify the living spaces for people with disabilities living in 24-hour care. Settings vary from neighborhood buildings where 4-8 people are living in one home, to individual apartments leased by the person with a disability.
Here is a list of how contributions can be spent to support the growth and development of our program participants.
BED & BATH:
- Standard sized pillows
- Twin sheet sets
- Bars of soap
- Bath towel / wash cloth sets
KITCHEN & DINING:
- Dinner plates
- Drinking glasses
- Sets of Cutlery
- Non fabric dining chairs
- Dental hygiene sets- toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss
- Hair care kits- shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush or comb
- Hand Sanitizer
Learning & Technology:
- Computer Tablets
- Lap Top Computers
- Desk-Top Computers
- Computer Software
- Online News Subscriptions: Daily Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Block Club Chicago
- Resource Publications for Employment Skills/Development
- Ocean drums (small or medium)
- Cymbals and stand
- Music score books
- Guitar strings (acustic)
- Talking drum
- Bongo drums
- Slit drum (tongue drum)
- Ribbon sticks
- Resistance bands
- Yoga straps
Group Outings & Activities:
- Museum passes
- Membership to local museums, zoos
- Recreational Community Classes
- Gift Cards for community activities – dining, movies, bowling, theater
- Streaming services subscription: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime
- Canvases (canvas, pads, assorted sizes and thicknesses)
- Paint (acrylic, watercolor sets, watercolor pencils)
- Markers (thick & thin)
- Colored pencils, crayons, oil pastels, chalk
- Drawing paper (assorted sizes & textures)
- Clay – 25 lb. slabs
- Weaving supplies (boards, plastic needles, new yarn)
- Latchhook supplies (kits, latchhooks)
- Sewing/stitching supplies (needles, embroidery thread, buttons, gems, etc.)
- Jewelry supplies (beads, tools, chain, straight-pins, latches, etc.)
- Glue & tape
- Stamps & ink
- Local gym memberships
- Special Olympic uniforms
- Reusable water bottles
Anixter Center -Donated In-Kind Goods Acceptance Procedure – Dated: 12/2016
To ensure that the needs of the donors to Anixter Center and Anixter Center program needs are honored in accepting donated furniture, clothing or other items.
To ensure that Anixter Center programs receive needed in-kind items, Anixter Center donors receive appropriate acknowledgement for donations and only appropriate items are accepted for donation.
- Anixter Center reserves the right to accept or reject any item based on program needs, condition of items, utility of donated items, capacity to store donated items or for any other reason at its sole discretion.
- Anixter Center has limited capacity to store donated items, particularly donated furniture. The preference is to deliver donated furniture directly to residential or program space.
- All items will be picked up at a mutually convenient date and time.
- The following items will not be considered for donation:
Used mattresses, Used box springs, (new wrapped mattresses and box springs will be considered for donation) electronics, tube-style televisions, hazardous materials, furniture with sharp edges including glass table tops, used pillows, clothing or shoes in dirty or in poor condition. Any item that runs counter to the values of Anixter Center will not be accepted.
- For donations valued by the donor at $5,000 or more a qualified appraisal must be obtained by the donor.
- For In-kind donations of property, cars, boats or other illiquid items Anixter Center reserves the right to refuse the donation. Donations of this type will be considered for acceptance by Anixter Center President/CEO with the advice of the Board of Directors and legal counsel.
- Upon receipt of a request to donate goods, the donor should be put in contact with the Anixter Center’s Development Coordinator. .
- All donation requests are considered for acceptance by Anixter Center’s leadership team.
- To determine acceptability, a photo of the donated item should be sent to Anixter Center’s Development Coordinator.
a. An on-site appraisal of the items may be necessary and scheduled at a mutually convenient date and time.
- Anixter Center’s Development Coordinator confers with Anixter Center staff for placement or suitability of donation
- Anixter Center’s Development Coordinator collaborates with the donor and Anixter Center Maintenance Director to schedule a mutually convenient pick up time and date.
- At the time of donation, a completed In-Kind Gift Contribution Form is completed by the donor and delivered to the Development Coordinator for processing.
- For clarification on the tax deductibility of any donated item, donor should be directed to IRS publication 526