Anixter Center Wish List
Anixter Center has a wide variety of programs and, each with its own unique needs. Here is a list of how contributions can be spent to support the growth and development of our program participants. If you have any questions about your donation or need help, please contact Becky Wright at email@example.com or call (773) 973-7900 Ext. 232.
In celebration for Anixter Center’s 100th Year Anniversary, we are asking for 100 items in household categories to beautify the living spaces for our residents. Your donation will create Home Sweet Home for people with disabilities living in 24-hour care. Settings vary from neighborhood buildings where 4-8 people are living in one home, to individual apartments leased by the person with a disability.
Anixter Center 100th Year Anniversary Wish List
- 100 standard sized pillows100 comforters
- 100 twin sheet sets
- 100 bars of soap
- 100 bath towel / wash cloth sets
- 100 sets of cutlery
- 100 dinner plates
- 100 bowls
- 100 drinking glasses
- 100 non fabric dining chairs
- 100 pieces of art to hang in homes
- 100 dental hygiene sets- toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss
- 100 hair care kits- shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush or comb
- 100 gift cards for community activities- dining, movies, bowling, theatre
- 100 potted houseplants to decorate homes
The continued growth and development of our program participants relies on:
- SIM memory cards
- Video camera
- Computer skills software
- Flat screen TV
Dance/Movement Therapy supplies:
- Ribbon sticks
General Group supplies:
- Yearly subscription to Netflix for our movie groups
- Sponsor one cooking group
- Daily Herald/Chicago Tribune newspaper subscriptions
- Work skill books
- Leaf vacuum to keep our spaces clean
- Paint (acrylic)
- Paint (watercolor sets, watercolor pencils)
- Markers (thick & thin)
- Colored pencils, crayons, oil pastels, chalk
- Drawing paper (assorted sizes & textures)
- Clay – 25 lb. slabs
- Weaving supplies (boards, plastic needles, new yarn)
- Latchhook supplies (kits, latchhooks)
- Sewing/stitching supplies (needles, embroidery thread, buttons, gems, etc)
- Jewelry beads
- Jewelry supplies (tools, chain, straight-pins, latches, etc.)
- Glue & tape
- Stamps & ink
- Canvases (canvas, pads, assorted sizes and thicknesses)
Outing and travel group supplies:
- City passes to nine sites around the city
- Museum passes
- Membership to Brookfield Zoo
- Recreational Community Classes
Music Therapy supplies:
- A pair of maracas
- One ocean drum (small or medium)
- One crash/ride cymba
- One cymbal stand
- One Hal Leonard Ultimate Pop-Rock Fake Book
- TV Show theme book
- Two packs of nylon (medium tension guitar strings)
- Two pack of .012 (light) D’Addario steel acoustic guitar strings (steel)
- One Jamtown talking drum
- Basic Beat tunable bongo drums
- Remo 50 Pre-Tuned Tubanos w/ Bag
- One small four-tone slit drum (tongue drum)
- Gym memberships
- Special Olympic uniforms
- Water bottle vending machine
Home Supplies & Toiletries
- Hand santizer
- Travel size toiletries
Anixter Center -Donated In-Kind Goods Acceptance Procedure – Dated: 12/2016
To ensure that the needs of the donors to Anixter Center and Anixter Center program needs are honored in accepting donated furniture, clothing or other items.
To ensure that Anixter Center programs receive needed in-kind items, Anixter Center donors receive appropriate acknowledgement for donations and only appropriate items are accepted for donation.
- Anixter Center reserves the right to accept or reject any item based on program needs, condition of items, utility of donated items, capacity to store donated items or for any other reason at its sole discretion.
- Anixter Center has limited capacity to store donated items, particularly donated furniture. The preference is to deliver donated furniture directly to residential or program space.
- All items will be picked up at a mutually convenient date and time.
- The following items will not be considered for donation:
Used mattresses, Used box springs, (new wrapped mattresses and box springs will be considered for donation) electronics, tube-style televisions, hazardous materials, furniture with sharp edges including glass table tops, used pillows, clothing or shoes in dirty or in poor condition. Any item that runs counter to the values of Anixter Center will not be accepted.
- For donations valued by the donor at $5,000 or more a qualified appraisal must be obtained by the donor.
- For In-kind donations of property, cars, boats or other illiquid items Anixter Center reserves the right to refuse the donation. Donations of this type will be considered for acceptance by Anixter Center President/CEO with the advice of the Board of Directors and legal counsel.
- Upon receipt of a request to donate goods, the donor should be put in contact with the Anixter Center’s Development Coordinator. .
- All donation requests are considered for acceptance by Anixter Center’s leadership team.
- To determine acceptability, a photo of the donated item should be sent to Anixter Center’s Development Coordinator.
a. An on-site appraisal of the items may be necessary and scheduled at a mutually convenient date and time.
- Anixter Center’s Development Coordinator confers with Anixter Center staff for placement or suitability of donation
- Anixter Center’s Development Coordinator collaborates with the donor and Anixter Center Maintenance Director to schedule a mutually convenient pick up time and date.
- At the time of donation, a completed In-Kind Gift Contribution Form is completed by the donor and delivered to the Development Coordinator for processing.
- For clarification on the tax deductibility of any donated item, donor should be directed to IRS publication 526