This policy also does not apply to Personal Health Information (“PHI”) collected through any program offered by Anixter or to other information protected by the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). We do not provide any medical services through the Website.
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as [name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, geographic location, IP address, or any other information collected on the Website that is defined as personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”);] and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information We Collect About You Automatically. As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. [We may also maintain it or associate it with personal information you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.] It helps us to improve our Website by enabling us to, among other things, estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
[As with many other sites, our Website may use “cookies” or other technologies to help us deliver content specific to your interests, to process your reservations or requests, and/or to analyze your visiting patterns. We may collect the following types of information about your visit including: the domain from which you access the Internet; IP address; operating system and information about the device or browser used when visiting the site; date and time of your visit; content you visited or downloaded; and website (such as google.com or bing.com) and website referral source (email notice or social media site) that connected you to the website. Our Website uses two types of cookies: single-session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent). Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through our Website. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our site and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. Cookies, by themselves, will not be used by Anixter to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you visit the Website. We do not respond to ‘do not track’ signals in your browser. We may also collect data by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “pixel tags”) that allow us to know when you visit our Website. Through pixel tags, we obtain non-personal information or aggregate information that can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.]
Information You Submit to Our Website. Anixter collects personal information from you on our Website when you voluntarily submit such information to us. This information may include your name, home address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, demographic information, and other information that we may need in connection with Anixter events, services, and opportunities, including but not limited to employment opportunities.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Personal information that you provide on our Website. This includes information provided when you sign up for an opportunity, fill out an application, make a donation, or provide feedback on our Website; and when we process or respond to your inquiries related to requests or your application.
- Your responses to questions that we might ask you to complete for application purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- When you make a payment, donation, or initiate other financial transactions on our Website, we may collect your personal information to process the transaction. Your personal information may be encrypted and transmitted to our payment processing vendor during this process.
III. HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use or disclose information collected about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
- To complete any application or other transactions you request online such as enrolling in programs, payment processing, signing up for events, processing donations, determining eligibility for volunteer opportunities, services, or employment, or any other action you request online.
- To operate the Website and to improve our Website and services, which may include communicating with you.
- To service providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement, and optimization of the Website.
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile phone and as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications we serve to you and others, and [to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from Anixter, surveys, newsletters, and other information.
- To facilitate your registrations for events, volunteering opportunities, or other activities or programs.
- To process your donations to Anixter.
- To send you information about Anixter services, events, and programs, or to send you information we think may interest you related to our partners’ services, events, and programs.
- To answer your inquiries about our websites, organization, and other services or activities.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.]
- For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required).
- To comply with applicable federal and state law.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Anixter does not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your information to third parties for profit.
- To service providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement and optimization of our Website.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you sign up for certain services, we may share your information in order to provide those services.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with applicable law.
IV. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
- [Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals as we do not track our users across third party websites.]
V. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. [All communications between your browser and our Website is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information that is submitted to us, both during its transmission and once we receive it.]
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
VI. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
VII. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and Anixter does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that the Website has collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at AskAnixter@anixter.org.
IX. CONTACT INFORMATION
X. EFFECTIVE DATE